Ayurvedic Treatment & Medicines For Cellulitis
- Affected area pain is soft
- The skin rashes are as large as infection or inflammation
- Skin or rash, which suddenly starts and grows rapidly in the first 24 hours
- Narrow, shiny, stretched skin appearance is “
- Warm skin in redness area
Signs of infection:
- Chills or shaking
- General ill feeling
- Muscle aches and pains
- Warm skin
Ayurvedic View of Cellulitis
In Ayurveda, Cellulitis may be compared to Visarpa. It is a skin and subcutaneous tissue disease. This skin disease is of a particular type and it spreads very fast like a snake, hence it is called visarpa. The characteristics of this disease are inflammation of the skin and the tissue along with fever.
Cellulitis – Causes & Symptoms
Ayurveda believes that this disease is caused due to the vitiation of all the doshas and pitha dosha being the predominant dosha. Then the blood, skin and muscles also get involved in pathogenesis.
There are numerous symptoms of this disease which are very peculiar. When it is in the starting stage and mild form, the skin becomes hard, thick and red in color and also small vesicles are seen on the skin. These may even form ulcers on the skin. Slowly the redness may spread to the whole body and if the tissue is involved pus may form even under the skin.
The patient may feel drowsy, sick and thirsty, diarrhea and high fever are also seen. Sometimes shivering is also there. The inflammation has to be controlled early and if left untreated it may affect throat, the wind pipe and sometimes the membranes of the brain. This may have fatal results.
According to doshas, this has been divided into various categories:
- Pitha type – High fever, thirst, nausea and vomiting are seen. The inflamed skin becomes reddish, bluish or blackish in color.
- Kapha type – Fever , drowsiness, loss of appetite, heaviness and vomiting are symptoms. The inflamed skin has whitish pale color.
- Vatha type – The inflamed skin becomes very dry with many scratches and is blackish in color. There is severe pain and also burning sensation on the skin.
- Kardama visarpa (Kapha – Pitha) – The affected skin has red swellings and boils or eruptions which are yellowish in color. It is also very painful.
- Agni visarpa (Vatha – Pitha) – In this the toxins are in blood, which produce boils on the skin. These boils look very similar to burns. The condition is also coupled with high fever.
- Granthi visarpa (Kapha – Vatha) – Different types of glandular swelling appear on the skin and is accompanied by severe pain. The patient suffers from cough and fainting. This is a serious condition.
Ayurevdic Treatment For Cellulitis:
Predominance of Pitha dosha and involvement of raktha or blood should always be kept in mind while designing treatment protocol. Snehana or oleation is strictly prohibited by Ayurvedic classics due to inflammatory tendency. According to Sushrutha, when there is suppurative changes, treatment should be similar to wound or Vrana.
Generally in the treatment of cellulites medicines with Tikta (Bitter) taste should be used. Ayurvedic treatment for cellulitis makes the environment of the body inhospitable to the growth of bacteria. In addition to this it builds specific immunity to the different bacteria that cause cellulites , thus preventing relapses.
Cellulitis – Treatment Procedures
Lengapan says the body that the program is ready is Langhana. Drugs of light (Ushna), Pingt (Tiksn), Bisad, dry (mars), Sukshma, Ra (live), spread (hole) and hard (Katina) Lgna body effects can be divided into two general Elanjian, Elanjian precision process (Clean) and reduce or make Lngene obsessively.
Physical Activity Langhana This Lngapan body is a job by increasing body density by reducing the amount of fluid and body tissue. Nutrition now produces a lack of Lngna tissue.
Following the basic method of Langhana:
Increasing nutrition addiction stimulates diet and exercise, such as the digestive and fire defense methods and or by various activities, increasing the speed of the normal work of the cell.
Rukshana: These actions and formulas that are dry, light, thick in nature. They tend to dry the body, absorb excess fluid levels. They are mainly spicy or caustic, worn or Tiktha tough or Casaya flavors.
Rktavseka: The equation of the disease where blood conditions are considered in the case of sudden relief in case. This process is considered the most important and the whole treatment of Visharpa in this disease by all theses.
Pygmy: The vomiting is made by appropriate herbs and especially Selyulaitis useful for reducing excess fluid levels.
Virechana or Purgation: Very effective blood or semolond gutters utilizing humor and turmoil back to the right establishment to cool down.
Pradeha: Apply purified paste or delivery out of purifying methods after Prdha. Prada should be applied often, the first implementation must be removed and a new process should be. The application should not be thick or thin. But the only case should be the thickness of Kfja Visharpa, Prde. The time removed the debris should not be reintroduced..
Dhara or Pouring of medicinal liquids: Depending on medicinal fluid symptoms or lose weight, the part is beneficial on the basis of Awsdhikrit milk (latex astringency), influenced for part herbal decoction or hot herbal decoction. Within hours of procedure pain, meeting, and hives can be reduced.
Ayurvedic Herbs To Treat Cellulitis
- Essential Oils
- Coconut Oil
- Hot Or Cold Compress
- Epsom Salt Bath
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Grapefruit Seed Extract
DOs & DON’Ts with Cellulitis
- Rasa (Taste) – It is advisable to take food with Bitter or Tiktha, Sweet or Madhura tastes.
- Cereals such as old wheat and red rice (Not newly harvested) are good. Pulses like green gram is good. Fruits such as grapes, goose berry, and lemon are useful.
- Rasa or Taste – Sour or Amla, Salt or Lavana, Spicy or Katu are contra indicated. Garlic, horse gram, black gram and sesame seeds are contra indicated. Curd is also contra indicated.
- Activities – Exercise, sleep during day time, sexual activities, anger and sorrow are to be avoided.