What Is Acne Vugaris?
Acne vulgaris is a common skin disease. It affecting mostly the face but also the back and chest. This is most common in adolescence. People suffer from acne vulgaris at some point in their lives. People with acne vulgaris get blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples. Acne is not continuous it will stop and come back after sometime.
Causes of Acne
- Heredity: Sometimes, family history can increase the chance for you to get acne if your parents or siblings had acne; you’re more likely to get it too.
- Blockage of hair follicles: Acne is formed when hair follicles become blocked by dead skin cells mixed with sebum. In people with acne, these glands overproduce sebum that blocks the follicles.
- Things that irritate your skin: These include skin exposure to extreme temperatures, using oil-based cosmetics, contact with dog’s tongue, rubbing or friction from clothing etc.
- Hormones: Excess oil and sticky skin cells become trapped in the pore, creating a blockage which leads to an outbreak of pimples.
- Fatty and fried foods and extra starch intake consumption can lead to acne on your face.
- Water intake: drink at least 6 glass of water to maintain healthy and glowing skin and to avoid acne.
- Unbalanced eating hours: plan your routine with healthy food.
- Nutrition Loss: eat fruits to gain nutrition which you require.
- Coccidiosis Cosmetics: use of cosmetics which contain the skin of animals will damage your skin is most prone to acne diseases.
- Use steroids: avoid the intake of steroids especially in case of men.
- Hormone imbalance is the most common cause for acne in your skin.
- Acne and constipation: constipation causes acne as the toxic from the body does not get out of the body which causes the waste to get re-absorbed back into the blood which causes acne.
- Inactivity: no exercise and eating unhealthy food leads to acne problems.
- Improper skin cleansing
- Bad hygiene
- Stress: stress is the main problem for acne. Stress leads to excess oil in the skin which leads to acne problems.
- Inadequate sleep: sleeping disorder leads to the acne problems.
- Alcoholism: people which drink alcohol face acne problem very often as alcohol affect the hormones of the body.
- Tobacco intake
- Intake of caffeine: caffeine in form of tea, coffee etc. these leads to acne.
Acne signs and symptoms vary from person to person.
- Blackheads (black spots the size of a pinhead) are open right on the surface of your skin (superficial) and don’t leave scars.
- Whiteheads Or Pustules, the most common type of acne, are usually the first lesions people get and they don’t turn black because they’re not exposed to the air
- Deep Pustules And Cysts look irritated; they’re usually red and swollen with visible pus.
Ayurvedic Treatment For Acne Vulgaris
As per the Ayurvedic concepts, bad food habits are the main and important reason for Yuvana Pidaka or Acne vulgaris. This includes:
- Adyasn – reduce the consumption of food at intervals, which do not digest the food when the new food entering the new food body
- Virudhashana – Consumption of food and food related to milk, yogurt, and milk etc.
- Vishamashana – When hungry when not hungry or using it to consume food with neglect of physical will.
Youth Fault is the reason for the analysis of Pitka, Watha and Kapha Dosha. The rise of the disease can cause Raktha blood test or fat Dthu which also cause Yuvn corf.
The etiopathology of the disease is due to vitiated Blood (Raktha Dushti) along with vitiated subtle channels to produce various symptoms of the disease.
To get permanent cure of this unwanted disease certain treatment procedures are designed:
- Steaming and other heating procedures: This ayurvedic treatment for acne vulgaris is very useful for the removal of blockage of subtle channels or srothas.
- Vamana or medicated vomiting: This kind of treatment is used to induce vomiting to remove blockage of subtle channels of facial skin and whole body.
- Nasya: It is kind of Panchkarma treatment used in ayurvedic practice and it helps clear accumulated toxins from head and neck region.
- Raktamokshana: In this acne pimples ayurvedic treatment the circulating blood acts as a carrier of all vitiated doshas, responsible for pathological changes leading to diseases.
Best Ayurvedic Medicines for Acne Vulgaris
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is one the most powerful natural remedies for pimples. Mixing cinnamon powder with honey helps treat acne from the inside out.
- Turmeric (Curcuma Longa): Turmeric is the bedrock of natural acne remedies. It can cure acne caused to digestive issues when consumed in food.
- Neem (Azadirachta Indica): Neem is a holistic cure for acne due to its antibacterial and astringent properties.
- Giloy (Tinospora Cordifolia): Giloy is a natural treatment for acne owing to the fact that it acts as a detoxifying agent, immunity booster and stress reliever.
- Shalmali (Bombax Malabaricum): Silk cotton tree or shalmali is one of the best home remedies for acne. Apply face mask of shalmali on your face this will reduce the acne of skin.
- Lodhra (Symplocos Racemosa): Lodhra bark is one of the top herbal remedies for acne as it is a hormone-balancing herb.
- Chandan (Santalum Album): One can use red or white sandalwood for acne. Sandalwood paste made with rosewater can be an extremely effective mask for treating acne problems in oily skin.
- Tulsi: Tulsi is the sacred ingredient in ayurvedic medicines. Tulsi is used as a healing property in pimples and acne.
- Honey: Honey is the best for pimples and acne. Just apply raw honey on pimples and after 10 min rinses off with water and does it regularly to see the results.
How to Prevent Acne:
- Wash your face properly don’t let and impurities inside left inside your skin.
- You should use the products on your face according to your skin type.
- You should moisturize your skin daily with natural products.
- Stay hydrated and drink a lot of water to avoid acne.
- Don’t touch your face regularly.
- Always use clean towels to dry your skin.
- Don’t pop, squeeze, or pick at pimples.
- Shampoo your hair at least twice a week.
- Stop eating junk food or packed and processed foods these contain bad oil which is not healthy for the skin.
DOs & DON’Ts with Acne
- Use a clean gel on your face aloe vera is the best gel to apply on acne prone skin.
- Keep your skin clean.
- Stop eating junk food.
- Keep your skin moisturized.
- Use cleansers to clean your skin properly.
- Use antibacterial soaps.
- Eat healthy foods which contain fruits and veggies.
- Exercise often.
- Maintain your weight according to your age and height.
- Stay hydrated and drink a lot of water to flush out all the toxins from the body.
- Consult your doctor first before taking any medicines.
- Don’t pinch your pimples or touch it These can left mark on your skin.
- Do not consume any medicine without consulting your doctor and don’t leave the course of the medicine in between this will lead to more acne.
- Washing your face more often this will lead to dryness.
- You should not touch your face very often.
- Avoid applying creams and product which do not match your skin types.
- Don’t use mild soaps or face wash.